New applications and variations to existing licences
(applies to premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates)
Fees for these licenses will be charged according to the non-domestic rateable value (NDRV) of the premises that the application relates to.
Each premises that are licensed will be allocated to a fee band.
Fee band table
Non-Domestic rateable value
0 - £4,300
£4,301 – £33,000
£33,001 - £87,0000
£87,001 - £125,000
£125,000 and above
Each band attracts a different level of applications fee. The following fees will apply to applications for new licences and full variations to existing licences.
- Band A, £100
- Band B, £190
- Band C, £315
- Band D, £450
- Band E, £635
Premises falling within Bands D and E that are involved exclusively or primarily in the business of selling alcohol will have a multiplier applied to the fee as follows;
- Band D, 2 times application fee
- Band E, 3 times application fee
Premises without a NDRV will pay the charge applicable to Band A and premises in the course of construction shall be in Band C.
Fees for exceptionally large events
Where a proposed event accommodating 5,000 persons or more at the same time is being held on a vehicle, vessel or in a moveable structure then an additional fee is payable.
- 5,000 – 9,999 people: £1000 additional fee
- 10,000 – 14,999 people: £2,000 additional fee
- 15,000 – 19,999 people: £4,000 additional fee
- 20,000 – 29,999 people: £8,000 additional fee
- 30,000 – 39,999 people: £16,000 additional fee
- 40,000 – 49,999 people: £24,000 additional fee
- 50,000 – 59,999 people: £32,000 additional fee
- 60,000 – 69,999 people: £40,000 additional fee
- 70,000 – 79,999 people: £48,000 additional fee
On the anniversary of the grant of Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates an annual fee is payable to the Licensing Authority. This fee is again determined by the NDRV of the premises. Premises falling within Bands D and E, which are exclusively or primarily involved in the business of selling alcohol, will have the same multipliers.
- Band A, £70
- Band B, £180
- Band C, £295
- Band D, £320
- Band E, £350
The Act provides that certain applications are exempt from the payment of a charge as detailed below.
Applications and variations for a Premises Licence and Club Premises Certificate for the provision of regulated entertainment only by;
- a) a school or college where the regulated entertainment is carried on by the school or college for and on behalf of the school or college or;
- b) a premises that are or form part of a church hall, chapel hall, village hall, parish hall or community hall or similar buildings.
This exemption also applies to the above premises in respect of the annual fee if the Premises Licences or Club Premises Certificate only provide for regulated entertainment at the anniversary of the grant of the licence.
Other licensing act 2003 fees
Personal licence, £37
Premises Licence, Price varies
Temporary Event Notice/Late Temporary Event Notice, £21
Variation of DPS, £23
Transfer of premises licence, £23
Notification of change of address, £10.50
Theft, loss, etc. Licensing Act 2003, £10.50
Interim authority notice, £23
Notification of interest, £21
Minor variation premises licence, £89
Variation of premises licence, Price varies