Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Following government guidance, we have closed outdoor gyms. We have put signs up to let users know.
We have three outdoor gyms across our district.
Our outdoor gyms are:
- open all year round, subject to the weather
- free to use
- for anyone aged eight and over
You can find our outdoor gyms at:
- Meadowside playing field, Coldnailhurst Avenue, Braintree
- John Ray Park, Braintree
- The playing field, Spa Road, Witham
Our outdoor gyms have a variety of equipment for you to improve your fitness.
For resistance training
- pulldown challenger
- waist twist
- chest press
- leg press
- dipping bars
- sit-up benches
For cardio training
- cardio rower
- cross trainer skier
- health walker
- horse rider
- ski machine
- push hands yoga
Before coming to one of our outdoor gyms, you should make sure you are up to date with the latest government advice to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
To protect yourself, children and others when using the outdoor gym, you should:
- bring your own sanitiser for you and your children to use before, during, and after using the equipment
- bring wipes to clean equipment before you use it. You should pay attention to touchpoints such as handles and exercise bars
- follow social distancing guidelines and encourage children to do the same
- limit the amount of time you spend using the equipment
- consider wearing a face covering, although this is not mandatory
- wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds as soon as you can or when you get home
- dispose of wipes, disposable gloves, face coverings, and any other litter responsibly as general rubbish. If the public bins are full, take the items home with you.
Accompanying adults are responsible for children at all times.
Anyone using the equipment does so at their own risk.
Anyone with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) should not use the equipment.
We have put signs up at our outdoor play and gym areas to make people aware of these guidelines.
Thank you for your co-operation and we hope you enjoy your time outdoors.