Whether you're looking for a bite to eat or to do some shopping, Braintree Street Markets are a great social experience. Our bustling street markets were a huge success in 2019 and we can't wait to bring them back for 2021.
Comments from some of our residents include:
Great street market guys Good atmosphere and turnout. We made the effort to pop in and glad we did. Nice to see Braintree buzzing.
We arrived home from a wonderful cruise, dropped the suitcases, put on layers of warm clothes and went to the monthly market, warmed ourselves up with wonderfully spiced cider at Silks stall, enjoyed pizza at Nonna's and got lots of ideas for Christmas pressies, roll on next month.
Loved it, we'll be back again next month
Braintree Street Market Dates
- Saturday 28th August (subject to National Restrictions)
- Saturday 25th September (subject to National Restrictions)
- Saturday 30th October (subject to National Restrictions)
- Saturday 20th November - Christmas Light Switch on 2021 (subject to National Restrictions)
- Saturday 4th December (subject to National Restrictions)
- Saturday 18th December (subject to National Restrictions)
Witham Street Market Dates
- Saturday 7th August – tbc (subject to National Restrictions)
- A further 2 Witham Market dates are to be confirmed.
Where we are
The street market runs through Braintree town centre.
It goes from Manor Street through Market Place along the High Street and up into Bank Street.
You can look at car parks in Braintree to find parking in Braintree town centre.
Traders for the street market open their stalls at 8:30am.
They begin to close their stalls at 3pm, with a final closing time of 6:30pm.
Apply to trade
If you are looking to trade at a market in our district, take a look at our trade at a market page.
Keep up to date with our social media channels
You can find news and information on Braintree Street Market on our social media channels: