Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Due to the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) you should only send us information and supporting documents online. Our offices are closed except by appointment. You can find more information about Coronavirus and claiming benefits from the Department for Work and Pensions.
If you still need extra financial help with your housing costs you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment.
A Discretionary Housing Payment is an extra payment we make if we think that you need extra help with your housing costs to
- prevent homelessness
- ease poverty
- safeguard residents in their home
- keep families together
- help claimants through personal crises and difficult events
- provide tenants with time to reassess their situation and find a long time solution
A Discretionary Housing Payment is for short term use only.
To apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment you can email or write to us. When you apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment you must include:
- name, address and contact details
- your email address
- why you need extra financial help
Once we receive your request for a Discretionary Housing Payment, we will contact you within five working days to discuss the next stage.