If you still need extra financial help with your housing costs you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment. You must be in receipt of either Housing Benefit or Universal Credit that includes a housing element to apply.
A Discretionary Housing Payment is an extra payment we make if we think that you need extra help with your housing costs to
- prevent homelessness
- ease poverty
- safeguard residents in their home
- keep families together
- help claimants through personal crises and difficult events
- provide tenants with time to reassess their situation and find a long time solution
A Discretionary Housing Payment is for short term use only.
To request an application form for Discretionary Housing Payment you can email or write to us. When you apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment you must include:
- name, address and contact details
- your email address
- why you need extra financial help
Alternatively please call Benefits on 01376 557852.