About the local plan 2013-2033
The Local Plan 2013-2033 is a 2-part document which sets out the strategy for development of the District up to 2033. Section 1 is shared with Colchester and Tendring Councils and covers all three authorities.
The formal adoption of the Section 1 Local Plan by Braintree District Council on 22nd February 2021 has the effect of replacing, in part, a number of the strategic policies contained within the Braintree District Core Strategy, adopted in 2011 .
The Braintree District Local Plan Review (2005) and Core Strategy (2011) will both be replaced in full on the formal adoption of Section 2 of Local Plan - which contains further specific local policies and proposals applicable to the Braintree District only.
View the Section 1 documents
- Local Plan 2013-2033 Section 1 (Adopted February 2021)
- Adoption Statement (February 2021)
- Sustainability Appraisal (June 2017)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Addendum (August 2020)
- Examiners Report on the Examination of NEA S1 - (10th December 2020)
- Examiners Schedule of Recommended Main Modifications NEA S1 - (10th December 2020)
- PINS Covering Letter to Examiners Report on NEA S1 - (10th December 2020)
- Submission Documents
- Supporting Documents
- Evidence Base Documents
The Section 2 Draft which reates only to Braintree District is currently under examination
Page created February 2021