Issues and Scoping 2015
The Issues and Scoping consultation was one of the first stages of producing our new Local Plan, and was the first stage of public participation.
- This was the first opportunity for residents, businesses and interested parties to help shape the new Local Plan by telling us what is important to you.
- We also wanted to make people aware of the increase in the scale of new development that the District is required to accommodate.
- The Local Plan Issues and Scoping document highlighted a number of key issues for the District and possible options to address them. It is designed to stimulate discussion.
- The Issues and Scoping document did not allocate specific sites for development.
The consultation ran from 26 January to 5 pm on 6 March 2015
Read and view comments made on the Local Plan Issues and Scoping document and its Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report on our consultation portal.
View the documents on our website:
- Issues and Scoping document
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Scoping Report
- Summary Leaflet - Issues and Scoping document
Drop in sessions
We held three drop in sessions from 4-8 p.m. at these venues:
- Tuesday 3rd February - Witham Public Hall (included Sustainability Appraisal presentation at 6 p.m.)
- Thursday 5th February - Halstead Queens Hall
- Wednesday 11th February - Braintree Town Hall