Accepted Forms of Non-Photo ID
This page was last updated on 27th February 2019.
If you are using non-photo ID, you must bring two pieces of ID from the list. Any document provided must be the original or a certified copy.
- At least one piece of ID must show your registered address.
- Any document provided must be the original or a certified copy.
- Copies of ID on smart devices (e.g. mobile phones) will not be accepted. If the ID is paperless, please print out a paper copy.
- If you are a proxy voter, you must provide ID for yourself, not the elector you are representing.
Accepted non-photo ID includes:
- Poll Card for the election
- Bank/Building Society Credit or Debit card
- Bank/Building Society cheque book
- Driving Licence
- Statement of benefits
- Birth certificate
- Marriage or Civil Partnership certificate
- Adoption certificate
- Firearms certificate
- Decision on Bail notice
Accepted non-photo ID issued within 12 months of 2nd May 2019:
- Council Tax demand letter or statement
- Student loan statement
Accepted non-photo ID issued within 3 months of 2nd May 2019:
- Bank/Building Society statement
- Credit card statement
- Mortgage statement
- Utility bill
If you do not have any of these pieces of ID, you are able to use one piece of photo ID.