Benefit Changes

Benefit Cap

The Benefit Cap applies to all benefit claimants of working age. The cap limits the total you receive. The cap is calculated by adding up all the benefits you receive including Housing Benefit, Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Child Benefit, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance ( Work Related Activity Group).

What it could mean to you

You may receive, the bigger the cut in your benefit. Use the welfare reform calculator to see how you could be affected.

For further information on the benefit cap see below:

If you need further help paying for goods or services, that they could not otherwise afford, providing a helping hand through the challenging periods of their lives: