Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
Council Tax Appeals

Council Tax Appeals

Appealing against your Council Tax Band

If you think your Council Tax band is wrong you can appeal by contacting the local Valuation Office Agency (VOA), which is responsible for ensuring your property is in the correct band. You can write to them at

The Valuation Office Agency
34 Southway

or telephone them on 03000 505 900

Please remember to continue making payments until Braintree Council inform you otherwise. If your appeal is successful and you overpay, you will be entitled to a refund.