Applying for housing and finding a home
Who can join the housing register?
Criteria for joining the housing register
In order to be considered for a housing association home in the Braintree District, you must be on the housing register. The points below summarise the eligibility criteria for joining the housing register:
- You must be 16 years or over
- You must not be subject to immigration control
- You must pass the habitual residence test
- You and your household must be resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland; and
- You or your household must not be guilty of unacceptable behaviour which would make you unsuitable to be a tenant
For further information on our eligibility criteria for joining the housing register, please view our Allocation Policy.