Community and Business Resilience
Did you know?
Every year 1 in 5 businesses face a major disruption to their services. 1 in 10 of these will cease trading. How would your organisation cope with the following?
- Medium to long term loss of mains electricity, gas or water
- Fuel strike affecting access to petrol or diesel
- Internet and telephone connection loss
- Supply chain disruption, what would you do if your product was not delivered?
- Loss of access to your premises
- Significant disruption to transport
- Cyber-attack (DDoS, malware etc.)
- Significant reduction in staff (flu pandemic or widespread virus)
On top of all that, do you know?
- Who to contact for advice during an incident?
- Where to find emergency contact details, including next of kin contacts?
- Where to get staff with additional skills which could help in an emergency?
- How you would communicate with your staff during an incident?
- How you could mitigate effects to your business as best practicable?
Braintree District Council has provided an easy to use and quick “10 minute checklist” and a “Business Continuity Handbook” that gives advice to business owners and walks you through each step to prepare a business continuity plan which in turn will help you deal with situations similar to the examples above.