Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
Pavement Permit

Pavement Permit

How do I Apply for a Pavement Permit?

Apply online

Apply for a pavement permit Guidance on applying for a pavement permit

Download and apply

Download an application for a pavement permit (PDF)

How do I know if I need a pavement permit?

Where a business wishes to extend their seating and table area on to the footway for the production of income, as a centre of advice or information or for advertising they will require a Pavement Permit. 

How much does a pavement permit cost? 

The cost of applying for a permit is currently £315.00 per year and an application must be made each year.  

What do I need to provide with my application?

  • Confirmation of the highway status of the land you wish to use
  • The correct fee
  • A location plan
  • Proof of public liability insurance

What are the timescales for receiving a pavement permit?

Following the submission of an application, there is a consultation period of 28 days during which representations can be made.  In situations where no objections are received you should receive your permit shortly after the close of consultation.

In the case where objection(s) have been made or you apply for a permit outside the Council’s policy, the application will need to be determined by the Council’s Licensing Committee which will delay the process. In this event the applicant will be invited to attend any hearing. 

Will tacit consent apply?

No, it is in the public interest that the council must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard about your application within a reasonable period, contact the Licensing Team on 01376 557790. 

Consumer complaint

If you are a customer of or a member of the public affected by someone responsible for a highway projection, you should first contact that person, preferably in writing, with proof of your complaint.  If that does not work and if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Bureau will give you advice.