Applying for a Personal Licence
Apply for a Personal Licence
You or a member of your staff must hold a Personal licence if you sell alcohol from licensed premises. To hold a Personal licence you must:-
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold a licensing qualification from an accredited provider.
To apply for a personal licence, you will need to:
- Complete a Personal licence application form.
- Complete a Disclosure of convictions and civil immigration penalties and declaration form.
- Pay a £37 fee (cheques to be made payable to Braintree District Council).
- Include Basic Disclosure and Barring Service check (can be obtained from Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS))
- Include two countersigned passport photographs (See who can countersign and size requirements)
- Include proof of Licensing Qualification (See list of accredited providers)
- Include proof that you have the right to live and work in the UK (find more information about right of abode)
You can return your application and supporting documents by post.
Once we receive your application we will:
- Send you an acknowledgement of receipt the next working day
- Notify you on the outcome of your application
If your application is successful you will receive your licence within 5 days. If we have to send your application to the Chief Officer of Police as a result of any relevant conditions and if no objection is received your licence will be sent to you within 20 days.
Changing details on a Personal licence
If your personal details change it is a lawful requirement to let us know.
To update your details on a Personal licence please complete the Notification of change form
You must return your original Personal licence to us by post. If you have lost it, please let us know when you contact us.