Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
What permissions or approvals do I need?

What permissions or approvals do I need?

Planning approvals, permissions and consents

If you intend to start work on property or land you own it’s your responsibility to seek out the necessary approvals, permissions and consents. The nature of your property and the works that you wish to carry out will impact upon which permissions will be required.  

  • Planning permission - You should check if the alterations you intend to carry out to your home or business require planning permission.
  • Prior approvals - Details of certain developments need to be approved by the Council before they commence, including the demolition of buildings or structures. These processes can cover developments relating to telecommunications and agriculture.
    Parliament also allows for the change of use of certain types of buildings which do not require planning permission but which do require the developer to make a Prior Notification application.  Details of the permissible changes of use can be found using this link and application forms can be downloaded from the Council's website. Please note that this process may not allow for external alterations to buildings and these may require planning permission.
  • Building regulations approval - Building regulations apply to most building work, therefore it is important to know when approval is needed.
  • Listed building consent - Special consent is required for any work on a listed building.
  • Conservation area - Planning permission may be required for certain works on properties in a conservation area, for example, the demolition of a boundary wall.
  • Tree preservation orders - You must check whether a Tree Preservation Order protects any tree your work might affect.
  • Other associated permissions - You may require additional permissions which relate to issues such as rights of way and party walls.