Drugs and alcohol

If you require advice or assistance, please contact the relevant services below:

Essex Police

To report drug or alcohol related crimes and activities, please contact:

Braintree Police Station
Tel: 101
Website: Essex police

In an emergency, always ring 999

Open road

Adults can contact Open Road, a registered charity providing drug & alcohol treatment. 

Services include

  • Assessments,
  • Key working,
  • Counselling,
  • Acupuncture and
  • Chinese herbs,
  • Shiatsu,
  • Aromatherapy,
  • Homeopathy and aftercare. 
  • They also provide “drop in” and needle exchange facilities.

Tel: 0844 4991323
Website: Open road

Essex Young Peoples Drug & Alcohol Services (EYPDAS)

EYPDAS work with young people up to the age of 19 yrs old who are affected by substance misuse – either their own or ‘significant others’. 

Their confidential services include

  • Advice,
  • Support,
  • Assessment and
  • Counselling. 

Tel: 01245 493311
Website: Children's society

Victim Support Service

Victim Support is the independent charity which helps people cope with crime.  They have a network of local branches covering the whole of England & Wales. 

Their trained officers can offer various services including

  • Someone to talk to in confidence,
  • Information on police & court procedures and
  • Assist in dealing with organisations
  • As well as offering links to other sources of help

Tel: 0845 4565995
Website: Victim support

ALCO Help 0800 448 8688

Needle Exchange - Braintree First Stop Centre 01376 346 535