Apply for Council Tax Support
Who is entitled to Council Tax Support?
Almost everyone with a low income or on benefits who pay rent and/or has a liability to pay council tax could receive help towards their payments.
- If you have savings and investments totalling more than £16,000 (apart from some pensioners on Guarantee Pension credit) you are not likely to receive help.
Housing benefit is available for housing association and private tenants who are entitled to help with their rent. How much help is available varies according to:
- Family circumstances
- Income and savings
- The people you have living with you.
- Outgoings are not taken into account.
Am I eligible for Council Tax Support
To determine if you qualify for any benefit, use the online benefits adviser calculator which will also give you an indication of any possible award that may be given to you.
What do i need to make a claim?
We must see the latest original documents supplied with your application and we need the same proof for you, your partner (if you have one) and any other adults living in your home.
- View the documents that are required to assess your claim (PDF from making a claim and evidence needed)
- Braintree Council Tax Local Council Tax Support scheme Policy documents