Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
How to claim for benefits

How to claim for benefits

Change of circumstances

What happens if I don't inform the Council of a change of circumstances? 

It is an offence not to tell us about any change of circumstances that affects your benefits.

Examples of a change in circumstances

  • Change in household
  • Change to you or anyone living with you becomes a student, goes into a nursing home, goes into prison, changes or leaves a job
  • Change in income/savings
  • Claiming universal Credit
  • Change in rent or moving house

 We may take court action against you. If we pay too much benefit, you probably have to pay it back. 

You must make sure you tell us about these changes. Don't rely on someone else to pass on your details to us.

Moving House

You must contact the council regarding any changes in your circumstances and provide the relevant proof as this could affect your Council Tax reduction or housing benefits.

Within our district when you are already receiving benefit with us.

Outside our district

  • Please contact the council and also put into writing the date you are moving and confirm your forwarding address.

For any other change of circumstances - you will need to complete a change of circumstances form, please contact the Benefit Team

  • partner moving in
  • starting work
  • additional job
  • any other changes