Affordable transport for elderly people, those with restricted mobility, those with a disability and anyone of any age who is unable to access public transport.
If you live in the district Community Transport can help you get to the following hospitals:
- Braintree Community Hospital - return journeys bookable
- Halstead Community Hospital - return journeys bookable
- Broomfield Hospital - one way drop off only
- Springfield Medical Centre - one way drop off only
- Colchester General & Essex County Hospital - one way drop off only
- The Oaks (Colchester) - one way drop off only
- St Peters Hospital (Maldon) - one way drop off only
How it works
- Each journey costs £3.50 for up to 5 miles or 70p per mile if your journey is over 5 miles - call 01376 557883 for a quote
- Fares are payable in cash and receipts are available on request
- The service operates 7 days per week from 08.30 until 17.30
- Journeys must be requested at the latest the day before travel is required however it is advisable to give as much notice as possible
- All requests are driver and vehicle dependent
How much it costs?
Membership costs £20.00 per year.
Members of Hospital Transport can also use the Social Car Scheme.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 01376 557883 or email us where our friendly staff will be happy to help.