Download and apply
Please return with a cheque made payable to Braintree District Council to:Community Transport,
Alternatively call 01376 557883 to pay with a debit card between the hours of 10.00 and 15.30 Monday to Friday.
How much does it cost?
Membership costs £20.00 per year.
What the Scheme provides
If you live in the district Dial-a-Ride can help you access your local community and its services.
- Get to and from any local health related appointment
- Local shopping
- Visiting friends and family
- Day Centres
- Anywhere locally you want to go
How it works
- Each journey costs £3.50 for up to 5 miles or 70p per mile if your journey is over 5 miles
- Fares are payable in cash and receipts are available on request
- The service operates Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.00
- Journeys must be requested at the latest the day before travel is required
- There is no upper limit to the amount of journeys you can book however all requests are driver and vehicle dependent
- Journeys can be booked as far ahead as desired
The minibuses are specially equipped, have low level entry steps, hand rails and a tail lift.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 01376 557883 or email us where our friendly staff will be happy to help.