Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
Street Lighting and Part Night Lighting

Street Lighting and Part Night Lighting

Street Lighting

Report a faulty street light

You can report a faulty street light online or alternatively you can call Essex County Council on 03456037631. Please see the list below of relevant information Essex County Council need:

  • The number on the column or the number of the house the light is outside,
  • The name of the road,
  • The name of the town/village
  • What is wrong with the light.

The more information you supply when you report a faulty streetlight, the quicker the light can be repaired.

Part night lighting (ECC)

To save money, reduce our carbon emissions and light pollution, Essex County Council (ECC) will be turning off some of the street lights at night in the Braintree District. This will involve some lights being switched off for four hours overnight, between 1 am and 5 am.


Essex Highways street lighting team at or you can write to Essex highways on the address provided.