Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
Registration of food premises

Registration of food premises

By law all food premises must be registered with the Environmental Services Department of Braintree District Council.  You must also inform us if the Food Business Operator or the nature of the business changes.

Food premises includes any premises used for:

  • Storing
  • Selling
  • Distributing or preparing food (including drinks). 

You are required to register at least 28 days before you intend to open your food business.

Also as a food business operator you are required to have a Food Safety Management System in place to ensure that you comply with food hygiene regulations.  The Food Standards Agency has developed the Safer Food Better Business Pack to help small business comply with the law and as an operator you should obtain a pack and complete this before your premise is inspected. 

Approved premises

Some high risk food businesses must be approved. This includes dairies and meat processing plants.  You can fill in the Registration Form for approved premises online.