Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
Protected trees and hedges

Protected trees and hedges

Carrying out work to a tree or hedge

I want to carry out work to a tree or hedge

Before you carry out work to a tree or hedge you must be sure that it is not protected. If you are uncertain whether trees or hedges are protected the landscape services team will be able to tell you.

I want to report a problem with a tree of hedge

If you want to report a problem with a tree or hedge, for example if it is being felled/ pruned or is under threat when you think the tree or hedge might be subject to protection please contact the landscape services team.

Tree Preservation Orders (TPO)

How do I find out if a tree has a Tree Preservation Order?

View the TPO register (this register is updated at the start of every month)

You can request a copy of a TPO from the council for which there is a fee of £1.50. Alternatively you can visit the council offices at Causeway House to view the TPO file for free.

Apply to carry out works to a TPO tree

View guidance notes and download a TPO application form

Apply via the Planning Portal

Once your application has been accepted you will receive a decision within eight weeks of acceptance.

Tree preservation orders are generally served when it is apparent that a tree of public importance is under threat. If you are concerned about work that may be or is being carried out to an important tree please contact the Landscape Services team.