Committee meeting details
View meetings and minutes
- View the past agendas, meetings and minutes for Cabinet up to the 27th October 2016
- View the agendas, meetings and minutes for Cabinet from the 27th October 2016
Cabinet member portfolios
What does Cabinet do?
The Council is responsible for determining the Policy Framework and the Budget following proposals from the Cabinet. The Cabinet is collectively responsible for implementing the Policy Framework and the Budget and this includes taking decisions in respect of all executive functions as defined in the Local Government Act 2000 as amended.
Executive functions can be exercised by the Cabinet collectively, under joint arrangements or they can be delegated to individual Cabinet Members or Council officers.
Functions of Cabinet
- Making recommendations to the Council on the formulation, adoption and revision of the Budget and the Policy Framework;
- Reviewing the use and allocation of assets and resources within the approved Budget;
- Making Key Decisions within the agreed Budget and Policy Framework;
- Performance monitoring and management; and
- Developing Council policy.
- Cllr. G Butland - Leader of the Council
- Cllr. T Cunningham - Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member Economic Development and Infrastructure
- Cllr. F Ricci - Cabinet Member Communities Culture & Tourism
- Cllr. J McKee - Cabinet Member Corporate Transformation
- Cllr. Mrs W Schmitt - Cabinet Member Environment & Place
- Cllr. D Bebb - Cabinet Member Finance & Performance
- Cllr. P Tattersley - Cabinet Member Health & Wellbeing
- Cllr. K Bowers - Cabinet Member Homes
- Cllr. Mrs G Spray - Cabinet Member Planning