We are keen to support our communities and provide you with useful guidance and information.
Braintree District Council Community Pack
We have put together a community pack aimed at our older residents who may not have access to the internet, this pack can be printed and distributed to friends, family and your parish residents.
Essex Coronavirus Action group
A new Facebook, Twitter and Instagram page has been set up, a collaboration between Essex County Council, The Essex Public Health Team, and local Facebook group owners, to carry out three main objectives during the COVID-19 outbreak - prevent, inform and assist.
- Follow for advice to help prevent coming into contact with Coronavirus and passing it on to other people, including those who are vulnerable
- Content to inform people about hoaxes, myths and fake news circulating social media about Coronavirus
- Mobilisation of local Facebook groups to ensure that the most vulnerable members of your local community and their carers get the help they need both practically and emotionally. This may include information sharing, signposting to other services, shopping, being a phone buddy, etc.
Essex Welfare Service
This new service, set up by Essex County Council, is a single, convenient point of contact for anyone in the Essex area who is in urgent need of help during the coronavirus outbreak. It is also the place to report anyone who you are concerned about.
The NHS or GP surgeries will be contacting these residents who are vulnerable to coronavirus. This is because they are over the age of 70, are pregnant, or have underlying health conditions. These are people who may not have the support of friends or family or neighbours.
If your GP surgery has not contacted you and you need help with medicine or food supplies, you can contact the Essex Welfare Service.
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 2pm
Community support and volunteering
Community360, an independent charity who lead on local community action to improve quality of life, have put together a dedicated webpage of useful Braintree District services and contacts to support you over the coming months, including:
- doctor surgeries
- accessing hospitals
- befriending services
- home to home calls
If you or someone you know needs any support, they can contact [email protected] or telephone 01376 550507.
This information was last updated at 11am on Friday 3rd April 2020.