Online forms: Food complaint form

If food is mislabelled, or sold after the 'use by' date then Essex County Council Trading Standards enforce the law.

If food is considered a risk to health, unfit, mouldy or has a foreign object in it then it is the responsibility of the District Council in the area where it was sold to investigate. If the food was bought in Braintree District then a member of the Health Protection Section will investigate the complaint.

The level of investigation will depend upon the nature of the complaint and the Officers opinion and previous knowledge of similar complaints.  An investigation may range from visual identification of a foreign object to in-depth analysis of the food.  Once the investigation has been concluded you will be advised of the outcome.

This department cannot obtain a refund for you and you are advised to contact the store direct in these cases.