Online forms: Health and safety complaint form

This form has 4 pages

The Council can only take action on a complaint if:

  • It relates to a work activity.
  • The Council is the right enforcing authority for the work.
  • The issue complained about is sufficiently specific to enable identification of the issue and the duty holder and/or location and that either:
  • The issue complained about has caused or has potential to cause significant harm, or alleges the denial of basic employee welfare facilities,
  • It appears to constitute a significant breach of law for which the Council is the enforcing authority.

Local authority

You should contact the Council if your complaint is about a health and safety matter connected with the following type of workplace:

  • Offices (except government offices)
  • Shops
  • Hotels
  • Restaurants
  • Leisure premises
  • Nurseries and playgroups
  • Pubs and clubs
  • Museums (privately owned)
  • Places of worship
  • Sheltered accommodation and care homes

For any other complaints please contact HSE.