Online forms: Report a missed refuse/recycling collection
Braintree District Council is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. All personal information is held and processed in accordance with this. Please refer to our privacy notices published for details. Please contact us if you need the privacy notice in an alternative format.
Before reporting a missed collection
Please check the following:
- Please check our waste collection service disruption page for information regarding collections.
- Please check your collection calendar to make sure your bin was out for collection on the right day.
- Please check the new garden waste dates to make sure your garden waste bin was out for collection on the right day.
- Please remember that your bins and/ or sacks must be out at your collection point by 7am but no earlier than the evening before.
- Please put your bin and clear sacks out at the correct collection point. The collection point for wheeled bins, food bins and clear sacks is normally the front boundary of your property.
- If there was adverse weather conditions or cars blocking access into your road please leave your bins and clear sacks out and the collection crew will return as soon as they are able to access your road.
- If your green bin or food bin wasn't emptied, was there anything contaminating the bin such as refuse, soil etc?
- If your clear sacks were not collected did they contain any items that we cannot collect for recycling?
- We allow 3 working days to report your missed bin. Bins reported within this timeframe aim to be collected within 2 working days. Anything reported after this point, can take up to 7 working days and is not guaranteed collection.
What happens after a missed collection is reported?
Once a missed collection is reported, our customer service team will liaise with our collection crews. We aim to collect missed bins within two working days of it being reported.