Frequently asked questions

I’ve been told that I may have to evacuate from my home, where do I go?

If Essex Police evacuate an area they will provide residents with details of a ‘Rest Centre’ for those who do not have access to alternative means of shelter and will facilitate transport to the centre. Alternatively, information regarding a Rest Centre’s location will be widely publicised to local media outlets, the Council website, partner agency websites and on social media.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question