Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

When should I notify someone about any changes in my circumstances?

Changes in circumstances

You must tell us straight away if your circumstances change. You will need to give us complete details, in writing, even if you think it may not affect your claim please notify a benefit officer about this change.

For example, you should let us know when your income changes, someone leaves or moves into your home, a dependent child leaves school, anyone in your household goes into hospital or if your rent changes (you are not a council tenant). you may lose benefit if you do not tell us within one month of any changes, and you will have to repay any overpaid benefit. We can prosecute you if you do not inform us in time.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question