Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

What do I do if I disagree with my decision about my housing benefit or council tax support?

If you think the decision is wrong you can ask us to explain it. You do not have to appeal straight away. If you would like us to explain how we worked out your benefit please contact us.

You must do this within one month of the date on this decision letter. We will send you a statement of reasons for our decision as soon as possible.

If you think that we have missed something or made a mistake, please tell us straight away and you must do this in writing.

More information

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question