We have prepared our publication scheme based on the model approved by the Information Commissioner.
Our publication scheme commits us to make information available to the public as part of our normal business activities.
Our publication scheme commits us to:
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, the information we hold under our classification scheme
- specify the information we hold under our classification scheme
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements in our publication scheme
- produce and publish the methods we use to make information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public
- review and update on a regular basis the information we make available under this scheme
- produce a schedule of any fees we charge for access to information which we make proactively available
- make this publication scheme available to the public
Classes of Information
We break the information in our publication scheme into different classes.
We class the information we hold as:
- who we are and what we do
- what we spend and how we spend it
- what our priorities are and how we are doing
- how we make decisions
- our policies and procedures
- lists and registers
- the services we offer
Our classes of information do not generally include information:
- the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) prevents us from disclosing
- that is exempt from disclosure under the FOI
- we consider has a protected status from disclosure
- information in draft form
- information that is no longer readily available. This can be in files we have placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons
How we will publish information
We will clearly show what information is covered by our publication scheme and how you can get it from us.
Where we can we will provide information on a website.
We will show how you can information and provide it in this way where:
- it is not possible to make information available on a website
- an individual does not wish to access the information by the website
In some circumstances, information may be available only by viewing in person. Where this manner is the case, we will provide contact details.
If you need an appointment to view the information we will arrange this with you within a reasonable timescale.
- provide information in the language in which we hold it
- provide information in such other languages we are legally required to
- translate information we are legally required to
We will meet our obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other formats in line with this scheme.
We may make charges made for information we publish under this scheme. The charges we can make are subject to a charging regime specified by parliament
The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public.
If we make a charge for routinely published material we will
- keep any charges we make to a minimum
- provide a breakdown of how and why we incurred the costs
We will not charge for any information we publish on a website
We will charges for actual disbursements we incur such as:
- postage and packaging.
- any costs we directly incur as a result of viewing information
We will also charge for information under this scheme where
- we have legal authority
- we can justify the charge
- the charge is in line with our published schedule or schedules of fees
If we make a charge for information, we will let you know how much you have to pay.
You will need to pay the charge before we provide the information.
Information not covered by our publication scheme
You can write to our Freedom of Information Officer to ask us to provide the information we hold that we do not publish under this scheme.
We will consider your request in line with the Freedom of Information Act.
Complaints about our publication scheme
You can contact us if you have a complaint our publication scheme.
Our How to make a complaint page has details of how to contact us.
You can contact us to ask for a full printed copy of our publication scheme.