Advice and guidance
Coronavirus restrictions remain in place across the country.
This means that:
- you can socialise indoors with up to six people or two households, including overnight stays
- up to thirty people can meet outside
- some businesses remain closed or must operate under restrictions
- cinemas, pubs, restaurants, theatres, museums and other venues can open indoors
- you should continue to work from home if you can
- hotels and B&Bs can open for people on holiday
- when travelling within the country, you should aim to do so safely and plan your journey in advance
Although shielding is paused, if you are clinically extremely vulnerable, you should be aware of the shielding guidance.
Staying safe and preventing the spread
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert.
There are simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
- wash hands; keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face; wear a face covering in enclosed spaces. If you are unable to wear a face covering, you can download an exemption card
- make space; stay at least 2 metres apart or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
- open windows to let fresh air in enclosed spaces
- do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms and book a COVID-19 test. If you are worried about your symptoms, use the online NHS 111 coronavirus service.
You can keep up to date on Essex County Council’s services on their website.
Test and Trace
You can find more information about getting tested for covid-19.
You can download the NHS Covid-19 app on the Apple Store or Google Play.
If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and have been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to a self-isolation payment.
You can read more about getting tested if you don't have symptoms and can't work from home.
You can find out the latest about the rollout of the Covid-19 vaccine from the Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership.
Keep up to date
Get the latest information as soon as it changes by:
- signing up for our email newsletters
- register for our text messaging service
- following us on Facebook
We are keeping these channels up to date with the latest news and information.