Advice and guidance
England is in a national lockdown. Find out what this means and what you can and can't do.
- visit the Livewell website for advice on looking after your wellbeing and staying active whilst staying at home
- figures from Essex County Council on the number of cases in the area.
Staying safe and preventing the spread
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert.
There are simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
- wash hands; keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face; wear a face covering in enclosed spaces. If you are unable to wear a face covering, you can download an exemption card
- make space; stay at least 2 metres apart or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
- open windows to let fresh air in enclosed spaces
- do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms and book a COVID-19 test. If you are worried about your symptoms, use the online NHS 111 coronavirus service.
You can keep up to date on Essex County Council’s services on their website.
Keep up to date
Get the latest information as soon as it changes by:
- signing up for our email newsletters
- register for our text messaging service
- following us on Facebook
We are keeping these channels up to date with the latest news and information.