If you live in the district, our Community Transport can help you get to appointments at:
- Braintree Community Hospital; return journeys available
- Halstead Community Hospital; return journeys available
- Broomfield Hospital; drop off only
- Springfield Medical Centre; drop off only
- Colchester General and Essex County Hospital; drop off only
- The Oaks, Colchester; drop off only
- St Peters Hospital, Maldon; drop off only
How it works
You need to join our Social Car Scheme before you can book hospital transport.
Once you have joined the Social Car Scheme, you can make bookings for hospital transport:
- you can make a booking by calling us between 9:00am and 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- a journey costs £3.50 for up to 5 miles or 70p per mile if your journey is over 5 miles
- you pay for each journey in cash and the driver will give you a receipt on request
- we can take payments in advance if you find handling cash difficult. You can arrange this when you make your booking
- you can book a trip for anytime between 8.30am and 5.30pm, seven days a week
- you should book your trip as soon as you know you need to travel. You must make your booking at least 24 hours in advance
- you can make your bookings as far in advance as you like
- you can book as many trips as you like. All bookings depend on the availability of our drivers and vehicles
Due to COVID restrictions, some of our procedures have changed. Contact us to check or for more details.
You can contact our Community Transport team if you have any questions about the scheme or a booking.