Community Governance Review
Braintree District Council is carrying out a whole District Community Governance Review in accordance with Part 4, Chapter 3 of The Local Government and Public Involvement Act 2007.
The Review focuses on 2 areas:
- Proposals from Town and Parish Councils
- Overall Town and Parish governance of new and proposed Development sites
If you would like to view the Terms of Reference or contribute to this public consultation, please follow the links below.
You are advised that all responses will be published as part of this review process.
Great Saling/ Bardfield Saling
1. Top extend the Parish Boundary of Great Saling to include the unparished area of Bardfield Saling
2. Increase number of Parish Councillors from 5 to 6
3. Rename "The Salings Parish Council"
1. To merge existing North and East wards and rename (7 Councillors)
2. To merge South and West Wards and rename (6 Councillors)
3. To increase representation to the new South/West ward by 1 additional Councillor
Requests that due to the impending development an increase in representation by 1 Councillor be supported
Requests an extension of the Parish Boundary to include an undeveloped rural area known as Panfield
Witham Town Council requests to rename
A) Witham (West ward) to Witham (spa)
B) Witham (North ward) to Witham (Rickstones)
C) Witham (South ward) to Witham (Maltings)
Great Notley Council requests an extension of their Northern Boundary to include the currently unparished area of Braintree bounded by Queenborough Lane, the B1256 (BY-PASS)/ A120 and London Road.
Any other areas
No other areas have been identified from initial Parish surveys however the review is open to comments on any boundary or governance representation. If you would like to comment on any other areas please follow the link above.