Apply for the scheme
To apply for this scheme:
- You must be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) to apply for this scheme. Find out what a small or medium-sized enterprise is on the European Commission website.
- You must be an existing independent business or owner of a vacant unit
- Your industrial unit must be in the Braintree district
If you do not own the industrial unit you can stall apply with written permission from your landlord
You can apply for the scheme now the closing date for this funding is 17:00 on Friday 18 January 2021.
We will notify businesses by 15 February 2021 if they have been successful.
To complete the form you will need:
- your contact details
- contact details for the business applying for the grant
- contact details for your agent (if applicable)
- proof of freehold or leasehold on the property
- consent from the property owner to complete the proposed works (if applicable)
- details fo previous grants or funding
- information about the proposed work
- estimated costs for the proposed work
- at least 3 quotation documents
- a full schedule of works
- plans, elevations and cross-sections at an appropriate scale
- photographs of relevant elevations and details
The form expires after 10 minutes of activity on each page so make sure you have all this information ready before you begin the form.
Make sure you have read and agree to our terms and conditions before you begin the form.
Businesses may submit joint applications.
Most works that change the exterior of buildings will need planning permission. Businesses must make a separate planning application, with scale drawings that show the extent of all new work. If the application is successful, businesses can submit a planning application online.