About the scheme
Our Industrial Unit Front Improvement Scheme offers capital grants to improve unit fronts in priority industrial areas.
Businesses and owners of industrial units can apply for a capital grant of up to £5,000 (at least 50% match funded). You can use the grant for external renovation or improvement of your premises.
The scheme aims to improve industrial unit fronts including privately owned green space. This will support the growth of local businesses by:
- Improving the local environment
- Raising the image of the area amongst local residents and visitors.
The Industrial Estates Improvement Fund will fund the scheme directly up to a value of £100,000.
You can get a grant up to £5,000, although we will accept joint applications (50% match funded).
Businesses can submit an application form and will award grants to those who score the highest.
We aim to support 20 businesses.
Several areas in the district have been particularly affected by a reduced level of private investment. We will give priority to businesses in these industrial areas.
- Bluebridge Industrial Estate, Halstead
- Hunnable Industrial Estate, Great Yeldham
- Earls Colne Business Park, Earls Colne
- Rippers Court, Sible Hedingham
- Swanbridge Industrial Park, Witham
- Waterside Business Park, Witham
- Swan Vale Industrial Estate, Witham
- Rosewood Business Park, Witham
- Springwood Industrial Estate, Braintree
- Lakes Industrial Park, Braintree
- Lynderswood, Braintree
- Skitts Hill Industrial Estate, Braintree
You can apply for the scheme now the closing date for this funding is 17:00 on Friday 18 January 2021.
We will notify businesses by 15 February 2021 if they have been successful.