If you are on a low income you may be able to get help towards your Council Tax bill through our Local Council Tax support scheme.
The key features of our Local Council Tax support scheme for 2023/24 are:
- everyone will have to pay a minimum of 24% of their Council Tax bill.
- we do not take the first £40 per week that you earn into account when we work out Local Council Tax support
- we ignore any Child benefit you receive for the first child as income when we work out Local Council Tax support
- the maximum amount of capital you can have to claim Local Council Tax support is £16,000.
- we make a flat rate non-dependant deduction of £10 regardless of their income or savings
- second adult rebate claims have to be made separately to Local Council Tax support
- if you live in a property in Council Tax bands E,F,G or H we restrict any Local Council Tax support to the maximum amount for a band D property
You can read and download our full policy document for The Local Council Tax support scheme 2023/24.
This document is over 130 pages in length and over 1 MB in size. You may find it easier to download and view this document on a desktop computer, rather than on a smartphone or tablet.
You can contact us to ask us for copies of our full policy documents for The Local Council tax support scheme for previous years.
You can find out how to apply for Council Tax support.