Armed Forces Covenant
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation to those who serve or who have served, and their families, which says we will do all we can to ensure they are treated fairly and are not disadvantaged in their day-to-day lives.
Who does it support?
- Regular Personnel - Naval Service (including Marines), Army and Royal Air Force
- Reservists - both regular and volunteer
- Merchant Navy - staff and officers on particular operations
- Veterans - anyone who has served for at least a day as either regular personnel or Reservist
- Families - spouses, civil partners, children but where appropriate can also include parents, unmarried partners or other family members
- Bereaved - immediate family of the deceased, whatever the reason for their death
Does it apply to you?
If you are a member of the Armed Forces, a Veteran, or a family member, the Armed Forces Covenant offers a wide variety of support to ensure you are being treated fairly.
If you are a business, or a community organisation, you can find out how to show your support.
If you have any ideas about work you would like to do in the local community to support the Armed Forces, then we may be able to help you access support from the Armed Forces Covenant Fund.