The Restart Grant scheme supports eligible businesses with a one off grant. This is to help them reopen safely as COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- based in England
- in the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors
- trading on 1 April 2021
Businesses excluded from the fund
You cannot get funding if your business:
- is in administration, insolvent or struck off the Companies House register
- has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance
Rateable Value payment bands
Strand One - non-essential retail premises
- Rateable Value of exactly £15,000 or under (including those in receipt of rates relief) will receive £2,667
- Rateable Value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £4,000
- Rateable Value of exactly £51,000 or over will receive £6,000
Strand Two - hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym business premises
- Rateable Value of exactly £15,000 or under (including those in receipt of rates relief) will receive £8,000
- Rateable Value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £12,000
- Rateable Value of exactly £51,000 or over will receive £18,000
Eligible businesses already in receipt of a Local Restrictions Support Grant from a previous period will not need to reapply. We will automatically process these payments in accordance with the details registered on our system.
Please note that by accepting this grant, your business is confirming its eligibility.
In some cases, we will need to collect additional information after the payment has been made to comply with government reporting requirements. You will be asked for this (if relevant) when you receive your confirmation email.
We will start processing payments from Friday (9 April) and will endeavour to get these grants out to eligible businesses as quickly as possible.
If you’ve not previously made a claim and your business is eligible, please email [email protected] as soon as possible.