We have declared a climate emergency and aim to make our activities, as far as possible, carbon neutral by 2030.
We have already:
- invested £640,000 in solar panels
- saved 858 tonnes of CO2 in business travel since 2015
- reduced our electricity and gas usage saving a total of 1,912 tonnes of CO2
- helped more than 150,000 residents to save £705,000 over the last five years through our energy switching scheme
- encouraged residents to reduce, reuse and recycle their waste
- supported residents to install more than 8,700 energy saving measures since 2014, directly resulting in the saving of over 1000 tonnes of C02.
You can sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news on our climate change work.
Climate local commitment
The climate local commitment aims to support local authorities to:
- reduce carbon emissions
- increase resilience to a changing climate
We have signed the commitment and submitted our strategy and action plan.
The Local Government Association will review our commitment on a regular basis.
Home Energy Conservation Act 1995
Under the Home Energy Conservation Act 1995, we had to publish a report by 31 May 2019 outlining our plans to promote improved energy efficiency in different areas.
You can find more information on GOV.UK.
Annual Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report
We have to create an annual report giving details of our emissions arising from:
- fleet and transport services
- the energy consumption of our buildings.
The ECO Flex Grants Scheme helps householders
- on low incomes
- who do not get means-tested benefits
- who are vulnerable to the effects of living in a cold home
You can find more information on the ECO flex scheme on GOV.UK.