New Local Plan
Draft Local Plan (2016)
The Braintree District Draft Local Plan was approved for consultation by Council on the 20th June 2016 and between the 27th June and the 19th August 2016, we asked for your views on the Draft Local Plan 2016 and the sites and policies contained within it.
Responses and amendments to the Draft Local Plan have been made, and a revised - Publication Draft Local Plan 2017 has been produced and consultation on that document ran until 28th July 2017. The Plan was then submitted to the Palnning Inspectorate on 9th October 2017
To read the Draft Local Plan 2016 document and responses made in 2016 please go to our online consultation portal.
Alternatively you can view the Draft Local Plan 2016 below.
With the exception of Braintree and Witham, the maps are grouped together in alphabetical order:
- Part 2 - Maps Braintree North and Braintree South
- Part 3 - Maps Braintree Central, Witham and Ashen to Bulmer Tye
- Part 4 - Maps Bures Hamlet to Cressing (Tye Green)
- Part 5 - Maps Earls Colne to Gosfield & Airfield
- Part 6 - Maps Great Bardfield to Greenstead Green
- Part 7 - Maps Halstead to Nounsley
- Part 8 - Maps Panfield to Silver End
- Part 9 - Stambourne to Wickham St Paul
- Part 10 - Maps Landscape Character Area and unnumbered
- Inset Map 60 - District Map
The Sustainability Appraisal which accompanies the Local Plan:
Updated June 2018