Get the best from this site

We use simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics and other information about the use of our website. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. All information collected is anonymous. For more information including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:

Braintree District Council

AdviceApply for a building regulation

Information about full plans application, building notice & site inspections

Building controlDo I need building regulations?

Guidance on what type of work requires building regulations

Planning permissionUnderstanding building regulations

Explaining building regulations and the differences from planning permission

BillingBuilding control charges

Guidance and charges for submitting a full plans application, building notice or regularisation

General planning info and adviceRegularisation of unauthorised works

How to apply for a certificate of regularisation for unauthorised building work

Decision plannerSite Inspections

Explains how and when to contact us to carry out inspections of your building work

BusinessDangerous buildings and structures

How to report dangerous buildings and structures

HomelessnessDemolition of buildings

 What you need to do if you are intending to demolish a building

Foi 1Visit the building control FAQ section

Ask and view frequently asked questions about building control

Get this feed Braintree District Council Building control feed